The word “attendees” refers to everyone in the system, whether they are members, speakers, exhibitors or moderators.
When adding a person to the Zerista platform, you will need their first name, last name, and email address at a minimum, otherwise you will not be able to add them to the site. Typically, attendees are also loaded with their company name and position. For a complete listing of fields that can be added per attendee download the Attendee Import Template.
NOTE: The unique identifier in the system for an attendee is their email address; only one person can be assigned to an email within the system.
Common Questions and Issues
You may have a few questions or run into a few issues when adding people to the system. The following is a list of things to consider
- The system checks for an exact match to the name for an email. Nicknames and certifications may cause a name not to match. If you adding a person via a .csv file, the file will alert you to the inconsistency with the name. You cannot change the names of people already loaded in the Zerista system. If you need to do this, contact your Zerista project consultant.
- If you include address information, you need to include city, state (US & Canada), and the ISO 2-digit country code .
- Attendees will not show up to other users members within the system until they have been invited. Moderators of the system will see them, but members will not.
- If you do not add attendees with a membership state through a .csv file, they go into the New state within the admin tool. When you invite them, they turn into members.
- Their is a hierarchy of membership in the system. An attendee is assigned the highest membership. From lowest to highest the membership states are: visitor, member, speaker, exhibitor, moderator.
- Visitor: Visitors can see a site, but cannot build a personal schedule or interact with full members of a site
- Members: Members can communicate with other members within the site, including speakers, exhibitors, and moderators. They can create personalized schedules, set up meetings, and send messages.
- Speakers: Speakers are just like members except they display on the speakers tab (even if they are not assigned to a session).
- Exhibitors: Exhibitors are assigned access to their company listing to make edits/changes to their company listing. (NOTE: Making a person an exhibitor does not automatically give them access to the company listing. You need to make the association to give them permission to update the company listing).
- Moderator: Moderators have the ability to access the admin tool to manage data. Please be careful who you make a moderator as they have access to all attendee information for you conference.
- Populate the following template with your data: Attendee Import Template.
- Save your file as .csv
- Upload your template.
The system sends you a confirmation after you upload a file. You may get two different types of files back with data that needs reconciled.
- Duplicate fileThe first or last name you attempted to load does not match the name already assigned to that email in the system. Usually this is due to a nickname (Charlie/Charles). You can adjust your input file to match the information that is all ready in the system and reload your file.If the name is completely different and you need to change the record in the system to match the name you are loading, contact your Zerista project consultant.
- Error fileThis commonly occurs when an email is malformed or a first or last name is missing for the attendee you are attempting to load. Remedy the issue and reload the file.
Manually Adding Attendees